Virus on my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I have a virus called Terdir.com redirecting me to other web sites in Safari. I have tried a lot of stuff from the internet to get rid of it too no avail. Can anyone help me get rid of this. I am almost at the stage of punching my Macbook with frustration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
This is almost a word for word post at another Mac site, and the same answer should and fix your problem:

My apologies to the original poster, but I would have said the same things and saves me some typing: ;)

"You have picked up a malware/adware program! It is not a virus but it is annoying and disruptive. You likely got it in the installer of one of your downloads.

To get rid of it get and run a copy of AdwareMedic
. " AdwareMedic

Read The Safe Mac to find out more info about malware. The Safe Mac

PS: You DO NOT have a virus!!!

And a quick Google would have shown several hits and suggestions to remove it!!

Try it: https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=ld4IVd6OJO6AmAKi44CQCw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

As suggested download AdwareMedic and run the Scan feature. When all is good download and install AdBlockPlus and Ghostery to prevent this happening again. There are no Mac OS X viruses, but quite a bit of malware about.

Always avoid downloads from Softonic and CNET.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@McGyver66 Have you downloaded anything from download.com or Softonic recently? Both sites have been accused of adding similar malware to their downloads recently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.