View another Mac's User's Screen?

Reaction score
I was curious if there is someone to share your screen with another mac user. I have two friends that are always working on photoshop/illustrator projects together and they were wondering if they could work on it from their seperate homes and somehow get a view of the other persons screen/workspace to see what they are working on. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
VNC, Apple Remote Desktop, Screen Mimic, Bosco, etc. There are a lot of options. Google "mac os x screen share".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I use remote desktop client on a local network - my G5 has no screen, keyboard or mouse, but it runs perfectly via my main machine.

I have duel screens, so I can run each machine on one screen and hop between them. Sweet . . .

Just a tip though - don't stop the remote desktop service on the headless machine from the one you're running it from :D It requires some swearing, and attaching a keyboard mouse and screen to get it running again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Jonnyd,

Leave SSH sharing active on the headless mac. Then you can kick start it from the command line....

SSH into the headless mac. Then do:

$ sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -restart -agent -privs -all

More at:
Configuring remotely via command line (kickstart)
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=108030

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Jonnyd,

Leave SSH sharing active on the headless mac. Then you can kick start it from the command line....

SSH into the headless mac. Then do:

$ sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -restart -agent -privs -all

More at:
Configuring remotely via command line (kickstart)
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=108030

Thanks, I didn't think of that (not that I'd have known how to do it anyway). Hopefully next time I won't be so stupid though :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.