• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

video_ts to .mov or .avi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
is it possible? So I have a DVD formatted for video instead of data. I have a few of my projects on it that i needed to showcase and stuff for a convention i was at. anyhow, i have this one video that i didn't save as data so i ripped it using mactheripper and it came out as a video_ts file. how can i edit it using final cut pro and keep the video and sound quality decent? i do have toast, and i was trying it but failed. any suggestions?

TIA,
EY

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
you can also try Cinematize. extracts full quality video and works with all quicktime codecs.

R

RC23

wierd thing is happening to me with that Forty-Two program..
At the end of everything I encode I get a white screen and it is unusable because it seems to be a partially corrupted file..
hmph

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.