Video Card Upgrades?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD
Is it at all possible to upgrade the video card in the MBP? If it was possible I'd go with the 2.16ghz one for now and spend the cash I save on programs instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
It is not possible to upgrade your graphics card in a mbp. It is sodered to the motherboard.

Reaction score
That's not entirely true. The onboard video, yes, you can't upgrade that. BUT, Asus later this year will be offering a Expresscard video card addon that in theory, should work on the Mac. I don't think that if it will work on Mac has been said or not, but it's the only option i can think of right now.

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=5369

Reaction score
this thing is really cool! i really hope this thing will work but i wonder how much of an upgrade it gives you and how it works.

say if you had the 256mb ati card in your MBP would this exspress card add another 256 on to that making it a 512 or do you think it would just cancel out the onboard video card?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.