Ventura 13.2.1 not connecting to wireless

Reaction score
I have an imac with ventura 13.2.1 having the following problems with wireless.

. Started with Safari Sporadically ,not loading, not connecting to internet until you press reload page then website is loaded. Running 13.1

. When I upgraded to 13.2 Safari took longer before it connected to internet – resolved DNS. (more than one press of reload page)
Message displayed - can not connect to server –
My other browser worked.

. When I went to 13.2.1 Safari stopped loading any site and my other browser stopped.
And Apps that needed internet for data or verification failed but Mail app did work with the exception where Mail sporadic asked for password to gmail.com

. I did all the common troubleshooting. Rebooted router, flushed dns cache, cleared history etc. Check the router address, profiles etc under network. No Profiles and correct addr for router.

. I have another imac on 13.1 where safari works ok. Safari does the sporadic not loading website until reload is pressed.

. I also have an external boot drive of Monterey where this problem isn’t present.

Therefore until it is resolved I’m booting back to monterey for any internet activity. I have zero internet under venture.

. ipads and iphone work fine and the imac on 13.1. plus all other devices using wireless and the router.

I have screenshots if needed.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Just as an FYI, macOS Ventura is now at 13.3.1. There updates were Security and for Safari as well.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
One solution which often seems to work is the creation of a new network connection. Why this works is a little unclear but it's worth a try.

OP
L
Reaction score
Just as an FYI, macOS Ventura is now at 13.3.1. There updates were Security and for Safari as well.
Yes I know but can't connect to download it. U have a suggestion as to how to download it and apply just the update from another machine?

OP
L
Reaction score
Solved. - Found a site with direct link to Ventura 13.3.1 . App Store didn't connect so downloaded with Direct Link. Moved over to broken machine and installed. All is working -
Thanks

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Sorry, let me get this straight, is it just the App Store you cant connect to?

OP
L
Reaction score
No, it was any internet activity, Apple iCloud, and websites, any browser, any app needing license verification or data or info help. I do have screen shots. App Store was mentioned to show I could not get the update 13.3.1.
That's why I got the update from another website who had a direct link.

After I applied 13.3.1 I can access internet but now it reboots due to 'encounter error'. I notice this error occurs it seems after machine goes to sleep.
I can not send apple the log report due to my apple password encounters an err when I try to login. Therefore I'm not logged into iCloud.

I think I'll be falling back to Monterey. Haven't made that decision yet but thinking what options I have.
System is real slow compared to previous releases, and the unknown issues addressed here have me thinking about options.

FYI this is iMac 2019, intel, i3, 32gb, 1 tb fusion drive. My other machine is fine its an iMac 2019, intel, i3, 16gb and 1tb ssd. I'm thinking with all the test I've done the last 45 days the fusion drive is playing a part in the performance.

Both machines run the same security, vpn, and apps. The broken machine has a few additional apps that run just fine. The issue lies within OS/ upgrade process. ie when I first installed Ventura the Dock and system preferences did not save changes. Each boot I was at the setup screen 'factory settings'

To correct the dock I had to delete dock preferences then the missing apps were added sucessfully on dock. Then I eventually rebuilt from scratch. Erase, reformat and clean install. System ran fine until -
the next update. I was left with a broken internet. Now it works but my an err is encountered when I try logging into iCloud. Message doesn't say what err.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
After I applied 13.3.1 I can access internet but now it reboots due to 'encounter error'. I notice this error occurs it seems after machine goes to sleep.
Can you post the exact wording of the error? Even better, a screenshot?

OP
L
Reaction score
The Apple ID issue is working now. If I encounter the reboot again I'll grab the screenshot.

OP
L
Reaction score
FYI. My upgrade to Ventura was from Catalina - Which may have caused some problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.