using video on ipad

Reaction score
Hi,

How do you delete portions of a video in imovie on the ipad?
How do you delete the music track if its playing over recorded sound?
How can you save videos to disc/dvd? I'm assuming you'd have to save to the cloud and then download on a device with a dvd burner.

thanks for the help!

OP
U
Reaction score
Apparently I've had over 350 views but no replies??? Isn't there anyone out there who works with imovie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
A60B-2A78-444F-BBD2-369B
Apparently I've had over 350 views but no replies??? Isn't there anyone out there who works with imovie?

Apparently you have . . . . . But remember, those 350 people could just be visitors to the site, when they have searched on Google, it doesn't mean 350 Members have viewed the post. Patience is a virtue :)

How do you delete portions of a video in imovie on the ipad?

Tap on the section to delete then tap the Trash Can down the bottom.

How do you delete the music track if its playing over recorded sound?

Again tap on it and then touch the Trash can.

How can you save videos to disc/dvd? I'm assuming you'd have to save to the cloud and then download on a device with a dvd burner.

Make movie, and then get it onto your computer either by Dropbox, Sync, YouTube or however you do it, and then use another App, like Burn for Mac and burn it to DVD.

With using iMovie on the iPad, tap on the Question mark and it will bring up Help Menu and all your answers are in there, because what I said above, depends on what version iMovie you have, because this is for the latest version.

OP
U
Reaction score
Is there a camera roll function to dump stuff that's been taped? I can't seem to delete footage that's in the menu or empty the trash can. Is that even necessary? I keep getting a message that says I can't record more because there's no more space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sounds like you have to little space on your iPad. You need to go into Settings>General>About on your iPad and see what the Capacity is, and then look and see the Availability, and if its very low, 1GB and Less then you will NEED to delete some Apps, OR documents that are in those Apps.

ie: I have Good Reader and the size is 780MB, because I have 17 PDF's, some Video, txt documents and so on, even though the App itself is sized at 50MB . . ..

All the videos you have in the Menu is all the videos you have taken with the Camre App or some other video App. You need to look in your Camera Roll for these to delete them.

OP
U
Reaction score
Help! Can't find camera roll. When I tap on bottom of screen to pull up an arrow (it's a hassle because it doesn't always come up- why?) I get options for volume and brightness but don't get the "options" to click to see camera roll.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Not sure. Ipads about 2 yrs old.

iOS 8 was only released very recently. If you didn't do any updating recently…then your iPad doesn't have iOS 8.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OK. Can you help?

Sorry no. I don't use iMovie on the iPad. That's why I didn't jump in on the conversation earlier.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Help! Can't find camera roll. When I tap on bottom of screen to pull up an arrow (it's a hassle because it doesn't always come up- why?) I get options for volume and brightness but don't get the "options" to click to see camera roll.

You haven't even been able too. You can flip ip the Control Centre and use the Camera or Timer/Clock, but not camera roll . . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have never seen the option for Camera Roll. Camera, yes, but not Camera Roll.

OP
U
Reaction score
Another question. Is having too much stuff recorded not allowing me to download new apps? I'm getting that message when I try to download an app as well (i.e not enough space).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Check Settings>General>Usage and see how much space is see how much space is left. My son gets it all the time and I'm forever telling him to delete Apps, Video or photos he doesn't want, then he is good. He once has 27 updates, pending because lack of space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.