using my macbook to print ....

Reaction score
im tryin to print from photoshop on my mac to photo paper and it comes out all bobboly like it been painted, u can make out the picture easily but its wierd and defo not right , so how do i stop it , iv changed the printer settings on the printer so its all right but it still doesnt work , cheers in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I had the same thing happen when I didn't choose the Photo Print settings.

Depending on the photo app, there should be an Advanced button - click it and go to the third drop down menu (Copies and Pages). Go to Print Settings and choose your photo paper next to Media Type. If you use Automatic Mode, move slider to Quality side. I choose Advanced Mode and then choose Best Photo from the Print Quality menu.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
also, make sure that the paper is appropriate for your printer. I've found different types of docs print differently on the same type of paper.
On one type of paper, the type was incredibly sharp, but other colours bled, probably the same as your case (even though I checked all appropriate settings), whereas on another type of paper, the text bled but the photographic elements were much crisper.

Since you seem to be fairly new to this, I'd also ensure that your document is in CMYK mode (go to Image>Mode>CMYK) and set at 300ppi. Change this through Image>Image size. Make sure resample is NOT checked, and set the resolution to 300. If the image is too small to begin with, this probably won't do you much good, but it's important to know if you want to get quality prints.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
It depends on what app you are attempting to print from. The first time you click 'print' it doesn't go straight to the printer, it brings up a window. Either there's an Advanced button or the drop-down menus themselves are in that window (before clicking 'print' for the second time).

Let us know if you have success?! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.