Using iTunes to burn music CDs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
OK, I have iTunes installed, and have a ton of MP3 songs in iTunes that I ported over from my PC. I would like to know if I can use iTunes to burn an audio cd? My daughter has iTunes on her machine and she said there's a "Burn" icon that is supposed to be in the lower RH corner of the screen. Not on my iMac, but its on her PC with iTunes? What gives... preferences?

And BTW, I don't own an iPod... I hope that's not a requirement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
drgrafix,

I couldn't find that icon on my Macbook either, but if you want to burn several songs to a CD, for example, select them all and put them in an iTunes playlist (File>New Playlist) - then go to File>Burn Playlist to Disc. It will ask you to put a disk in the drive, the you can burn it... You can delete the playlist later...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I use Disk Utility for that. Or if you like you can download some third party software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
You need to create a playlist and burnm that to cd.
Also make sure in the preferences you have set it to burn audio CD;s and not mp3 cd's.

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
You need to create a playlist and burnm that to cd.
Also make sure in the preferences you have set it to burn audio CD;s and not mp3 cd's.

What about burning MP3's to a MP3 capable CD player. My Alpine head unit will play MP3's in an "audio jukebox" like format whereby you can actually put a few hours of MP3's on one CD, and have it divided into "folders". That was how I did it on Nero/PC. Now I want to know if I can do that (or just straight music) using my iMac. TIA!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
What about burning MP3's to a MP3 capable CD player. My Alpine head unit will play MP3's in an "audio jukebox" like format whereby you can actually put a few hours of MP3's on one CD, and have it divided into "folders". That was how I did it on Nero/PC. Now I want to know if I can do that (or just straight music) using my iMac. TIA!

If you set it to burn mp3 cd's then you will be able to put large amounts of music on to the cd, as long as you have a mp3 capable cd player you should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I believe there was a burn icon like the OP described in one of the older versions of itunes for OS X. Not that it's needed these days anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
I'm pretty sure the icon only appears when you have playlist selected and a blank disc inserted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.