Using apps from a corrupt start-up disk in a working partition

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone help me with using my Adobe Creative Suite applications in a new partition?

Here's the story..
My desktop mac has been failing to start-up, I tried all the tricks I found online in attempt to repair it but had no luck and the assistant at the computer shop tells me my hard drive has gone kaput.
Luckily, I have a second start-up drive which I can still access. I noticed in my FINDER, under DEVICES is the start -up drive I usually use with all my files and programmes on. Great news - means I haven't lost all my work!
However, when I try to open the Adobe programmes I get an error message saying:

Configuration error
Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

Error 16

This is a secondhand mac which came with all the programmes on when I bought it (I bought it for those programmes). Which means I don't have the disks to reinstall.
Any idea how I might be able to overcome this problem and begin to use my applications again?

Any help would be really greatly appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
This is a secondhand mac which came with all the programmes on when I bought it (I bought it for those programmes). Which means I don't have the disks to reinstall.
Any idea how I might be able to overcome this problem and begin to use my applications again?

This is the problem. Software that comes with 2nd hand computers is not the legal property of the new owner. When something goes wrong…issues like this are the result.

Even if there was a solution to the situation…it would be wrong of us to provide that information. Just got to "bite the bullet" and purchase the Adobe apps you need.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ohh dear no discs and activation codes means the seller has pirated the software and you alas. eBay and Craiglist and other sites should jump on this. luxxy the same will apply to Office 2011 etc which no doubt was also installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.