Usb Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16Ghz Intel Duo Core 2
When I am using windows in parallels and i try to connect to my kingston usb drive, it comes up with a message saying that it is being used by another application so cannot connect. I look around for possible applications and can't find anything, can anybody help ..... Thanks

Reaction score
I'm getting the same problem. It just started today and i haven't installed or changed anything. This is the message i'm getting:
USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another application. Close that application or unplug the device and plug it again. Then try to connect the device again.
Any ideas?

Just to let you know i'm trying to connect my Windows Mobile phone to activesync in XP through parallels. Everything was working fine yesterday. I've reset my macbook, parallels, even my WM phone but still...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Its just a guess, but I would say OSX is reading it at the same time.

Reaction score
So i found this thread on the parallels forum, but none of it solves my problem...

Please guys, a major factor of buying a mac was if it'd work well with my windows mobile phone. Missing sync is out of the question because it doesn't work with Windows Mobile 6 and parallels seemed to be(and was) the perfect answer, but now its crapping out on me.

If no one here can shed some light on this, can I uninstall parallels desktop and keep my windows on the hard drive. Reinstall parallels and have it recognize that windows is already installed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.