Upgrading Hard drive

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro from early 2008 and I am trying to upgrade the hard drive. What is the best way to transfer my data? say for example my iphoto library i want it to be exactly the same way as it is right now as far as events or itunes...! if I use time machine to get a back up of my current hard drive can I restore it to the new hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
I use Carbon Copy Cloner, a free software that allows you to clone your HFS+ partition, just grab a 2.5" SATA Enclosure off Ebay, put the new HDD in it, run CCC and then swap 'em out, if the instructions there don't help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Ok, I did the hard drive upgrade, same size, just 7200 rpm. when I drag a DMG to the Applications icon, I get the error:

The alias "Applications" can't be opened because the original item cant be found.

The applications folder is there, however when I go to select it when I choose fix, it won't let me fix it, so when I cancel out, I get this:

The operation cannot be completed.
An unexpected error occurred (error code -8060)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My newb'ness can be a pain sometimes! LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
open the dmg then drag the app to the app folder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.