Upgraded OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" running High Sierra
I just updated my system from High Sierra to Monterey. I have a couple of questions. When I check my DriveDX it lowered the composite temperature percentage. Is this something I have to worry about? Also I am currently still running 2016 Microsoft Office for Mac. I really don't want to subscribe to Office365 so I looking at 2019 Office for Mac. Are any of you still running this software? Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 7.54.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 7.54.19 PM.png
    193 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.02.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.02.32 PM.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
The most current version is now 12.5.1, so you have updates to go. Can't help with DriveDX, sorry, I uninstalled it a while ago.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@frostygirl - (I'm sure it's "warm lady"),

As Jake said, you are way behind in Monterey updates and most of these had important security updates as well as improvements. Like Jake, I think that is your first requirement. Get up to 12.5.1

That may be the answer.

I do have DriveDx. I don't think you need worry about the temperature index. If there was any serious problem, it would flag it up as a fault or needing attention.

Ian

Reaction score
I just updated my system from High Sierra to Monterey. I have a couple of questions. When I check my DriveDX it lowered the composite temperature percentage. Is this something I have to worry about? Also I am currently still running 2016 Microsoft Office for Mac. I really don't want to subscribe to Office365 so I looking at 2019 Office for Mac.

Here is a place that is currently selling the latest version of Microsoft Office (Office 2021) (stand-alone, not a subscription) for only $25 !!!

https://www.joywarp.com/product/office-2021-home-and-business-lifetime-license-key-for-macos/

At first we were all suspicious of it, but several members of my user group successfully purchased the product, installed it, and registered it with Microsoft without a problem.

However, I very much recommend that you check out this FREE Microsoft Office clone FIRST. It’s an excellent product, and it may be all that you need. I’ve installed it for several users, and most don’t even realize that it’s not actually Microsoft Office!

FreeOffice (free)

FreeOffice for Windows, Mac and Linux

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.