Upgraded 2013 iMac - Premiere Keeps Crashing, Why?

Reaction score
I'm working on a project using archival clips from youtube. There are no effects and the full piece is only 2 minutes. I'm able to use Premiere for about 1-2 minutes at a time before the program crashes, the preview plays audio but no video, or the software becomes so slow its unusable. Regardless, I always have to force quit the program. Although it may be different, my iMac can handle big projects in final cut x fine. Below are the specs for my machine:

21" iMac
Version 10.9.5 - software fully updated
3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Any idea what is preventing my machine from being able to run Premiere? Thanks!!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What version of Premiere are you running?

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Hey Nick,

It's Premiere Pro CC. I downloaded it 2 weeks ago from the cloud so I expect it is the most recent version.

I really really appreciate the help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok...thanks for the info. Was just checking that it wasn't an ancient version of Premiere.;)

Can we assume that this is a fully licensed/paid-for install...and not a trial version?

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
It's a trial version. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because it keeps crashing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.