Upgrade to 10.10

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro with OS x 10.9.5. When I request a software update, it says there is no update found. Why can't I update to 10.10?

Reaction score
10.10 isn't an update, it's an upgrade. Which means you have to go to apple dot com and ask for it.
Best you get some advice about doing so, first, though -- lots of folks have had problems with 10.10.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
"Gilly" is right on the money about Yosemite being an upgrade not an update. But you need to go to the Mac App Store (or just App Store) to get it.:) Actually you can go to Apple.com too...there's a link there that will take you to the App Store.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
See the White A in the Blue Circle in the Dock?

Click on that and in the right column, see Yosemite. Click and go. Backup first

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks all. I figured it out right after I posted. I have upgraded and all seems to be working ok. We'll see how it goes. Is there anything, in particular, that I should be looking at as far as problems are concerned? Thanks again for all of your quick replies.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is there anything, in particular, that I should be looking at as far as problems are concerned?

This is a question that probably should have been asked BEFORE upgrading!!!;)

Kind of like saying..."I just drank this funny looking/tasting liquid. Is there anything I should worry about?";)

Just "go with the flow" now.:)

- Nick

C

chas_m

You may see some issues with Mail (particularly if you use Mail for Gmail or Outlook), Wi-Fi (occasionally issues reconnecting after sleep, or abnormally slow performance) or Bluetooth (occasional refusal to connect).

I have been using Yosemite for many months now and have only seen issues with the last one (occasional Bluetooth bullheadedness, a restart fixes it but annoying), but others have reported these issues. It's not apparently universal, however, so you may never notice anything.

There is a whole raft of new tricks your Mac can do if you have an iOS device around and a recent-model Mac (2012 or later), and a whole raft of general improvements. But as I find I have to remind people a LOT these days, x.1 or even x.2 is early days with a new major OS upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.