Upgrade 2010 Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Would you or wouldn't you? Specs are:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
250GB Hard Drive (Non-SSD)

It runs Yosemite just fine, although a little slow to start up. Some apps, notably MS Office, are a bit slow to respond.
Would be nice if it was snappier. I was thinking of putting in an SSD, and increasing the RAM to 8GB.
Would it be worth it with this processor?
Yes, I would like a new machine, but I'm not so sure about Apple's idea of not allowing owners to increase the RAM after purchase, and frankly that could drive me away from Apple.
Would appreciate people's thoughts.

Reaction score
yes the core 2 duo does run better with more ram and a SSD i would go to amazon for the SSD they have excellent prices on SSD's and have a 30 day money back on all purchases

i am getting ready to do this to a macbook myself and the cheapest drives where all coming direct from amazon even owc drives where going cheaper there then on there own site

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Would be nice if it was snappier. I was thinking of putting in an SSD, and increasing the RAM to 8GB.
Would it be worth it with this processor?

I think it would. Certainly a lot less costly than buying a new MacBook Pro that you can't upgrade after purchasing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.