Updates reminders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 in 2.7GHz intel Core i5 16 gb a 4S iPhone 16gb and 2 iPod Touch
How do I shut off the update reminder? I do not want to update to Yosemite at this time. It keeps reminding me every day
Whoops. I should have stated I have an Imac 2011 with Maverick on it right now

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I forget what it was called in Mavericks

It's in System Preferences - then look for either 'Software Updates' or 'App Store' and turn off what you don't want. You may need to click the lock and enter an admin password to make changes there.

Everyone should open System Preferences and go through every single item there just to check out all the options available to you at least once and if you really don't go in there very often - maybe once a year after that just to see if there may be some adjustments you'd like to make after getting familiar with how everything works.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
You're quite right bobtomay, in Mavericks, it's System Preferences > Apple Store. All the options are listed there.

Ian

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 in 2.7GHz intel Core i5 16 gb a 4S iPhone 16gb and 2 iPod Touch
Thank you very much! Been in system preferences many times, but never thought to look at App Store.
Us old farts can and learn something new every day...:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.