update to java v7

Reaction score
update to Java SE 7??

Hi,

I'm looking for some one that can help me update my java to v7. I know it can be done and I even know where to get the download, but when I read the instructions it talks about all kinds of crap I don’t understand how to use. (Like terminal) I would be very grateful if some one would take the time to give me some step by step understandable directions, or direct me some where that has them. I wish they had a installing java v7 on a Mac for dummies book.

I’m on an IMac OS X 10.7.2

This is the site that im talking about with the program and instruction:
Java SE Runtime Environment 7u1 download page

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to update my java to version 7. I know where to find it and instructions on how to do it, but the instructions talk about doing thing I have no idea how to use like terminal. Please some one help me with some understandable instructions for dummies like me, or direct me some where I can find some.

I'm running OS X 10.7.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I don't think v 7 is ready for regular users yet. The fact that you have to compile from source code is a sign of this.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
Merged threads - please don't crosspost.

You can get a prebuilt Java 7 technical preview here. Note though that the Java 7 technical preview is not stable software - it may crash on you.

Is there any reason you need Java 7?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.