Update iMovie 10.0.0 with OS Mavericks to latest compatible version

Reaction score
Hi mates,

I'm running an iMac 21,5" from late 2010 running OS Mavericks and iMovie 10.0.0. I do not want to update to OS Yosemite due to the problems I had when migrating to Mavericks (10.9.2). However, I recently used iMovie and encountered certain problems with it, as I had to restart it several times while working with it. I decided to update to the latest version and just found out that it's only compatible with OS Yosemite. This does not happen when updating Pages, Number or Keynote, which I can update with no problem to the latest version compatible with OS Mavericks.

Could anyone advise if there's anyway I can update to iMovie 10.0.04 keeping OS Mavericks in my iMac? It seems that version has corrected several problem which can be the answer to my problems.

Many thanks from Spain!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The latest version of iMovie is 10.0.6. Unless you're using Yosemite, you will not be able to update your 10.0.0 to the latest. Why don't you make a full backup first, then update to Yosemite and see how it goes. If it goes badly, revert back to Mavericks. Or, just continue to run iMovie 10.0.0.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.