Update gone terribly wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bad.
Hi.

Some of you may know about my hard drive failure on my MBP 2011..

It's dying a slow death basically... It's just took 2 hours to boot up in safe boot.. I'm lucky to get on here..

As well as that I was having issues with my iPhone when I got back from Spain... My iMessage messed up and my emails messed up, just not getting mails and could not send iMessage...

I called Three* and they said i need to update (obviously they would say that) with nothing else to fall back on I tried to update.. I backed up in my iTunes (on the failing hard drive) and now it won't let me restore back up or just put all my data back on, it's ;like the hard drive does not have enough power?

Anyone got any ideas?

This is serious (as they all are).

I have an option to restore from iCloud but I have not backed up on iCloud for a long time...

Any ideas?

Am I missing something?

Thanks...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Anyone got any ideas?

Any ideas?

Am I missing something?

Why not tackle one problem at a time...and fix that dying hard drive. This hard drive could completely fail at any time...then what??

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bad.
Well, it just so happens that it's all come at once unfortunately. (as is always the case).

Nothing I can do, I am trying my best to manage... I have bought a hard drive online and am awaiting of that now... But until that arrives I have to perceiver on the current situation.

I figured my laptop would be able to manage an iPhone update but obviously not.

I need my emails on my phone for my business so it was crucial that I made that jump to update (on a broken hard drive).

So now I'm in this position.

Really just want to know if anyone has any idea that my data will be ok, and there's a chance I can recover it back onto my phone.... Currently phone is plugged into the Mac with the 'Hello' screen and waiting to be restored... but I really want to restore from iTunes as thats where all my data is...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.