unlock iPad from cloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" laptop 2009, 2.26GHZ intel core 2 duo, 4GB ram, iphone 4gs 64GB
i"m selling an iPad, how to I deactivate or unlock so new user can use?

Reaction score
Before you forget, go to the iTunes Store, access your account, select Manage Devices and remove the iPad if it's there.

On the iPad: goto Settings > General > Reset and choose Erase All Content and Settings. Once that completes, power it off and it's ready for the next person.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did both of those, the iPad doesn't show up in my iTunes but it still shows up in devices in the iCloud...when i click on find my phone in iCloud it is not listed there... I don't want it to be locked when he gets it :Not-Amused:
I guess I will have to wait and see if he contacts me if it is locked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Connect to your computer; open iTunes; hit "restore iPad". It will get wiped clean. Do NOT restore a backup when prompted.

Alternatively, open your Settings app, go to "General", "Reset", "Erase all content and settings".

EDIT: I'm such a bonehead. I just basically repeated what the other member said. *smacks head*

I'm very confused as to what the problem is. You say it's in iCloud, then say it's not.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it is no longer in iTunes...when I sign on to the cloud and click on settings it is listed under my devices,
then I click on settings at top, find my phone, sign in again, all devices, it is not listed...so that is what I mean when I say its in the cloud but its not...sorry but it is confusing me! anyways, I went to icloud/activationlock and put in the serial #, it shows that it is not locked and ready to resale...wonder how I can delete it? when you click on it nothing happens..oh well at least it is unlocked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.