• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Unique Art

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
One of Los Angeles artist Joe Bravo's tortilla paintings is shown at an exhibition at the Mexican Cultural Institute in Los Angeles March 29, 2007. Bravo first started the acrylic paintings on tortillas when he was in college and couldn't afford canvases. The exhibit has broken the gallery's attendance records and the paintings are selling for as much as $1,800 each. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson (UNITED STATES)

r1317371430.jpg

r2410442368.jpg

r2469645453.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Maybe that's where the Mary came from on that ladies grilled cheese...

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There may be a possibility that the person made it, just to sell it on eBay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
That is so amazing! I think really great artist can paint on anything! I've gotten e-mails about a man who paints 3-D on sidewalks and they are incredible! Thanks for sharing these.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Carol. I have seen those, also. I did not post the ice scuptures and sand sculptures, thinking that most people have seen them. He is a local artist and I like to get the word out about the "not so famous" artists.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
These images are created by Micrography.

http://www.lapopart.com/

The attached flag is just an example how it is done. Close up shows the words to the whole story.

Picture 3.png

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just like to make a note about the first artist I posted, Joe Bravo. He started painting at very young age on tortillas, because he was too poor to buy a canvas.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A friend of mine did these out of flower petals and other plant materials, and I am very proud of her.
One is titled The Mother Church of Armenia and the other An Armenian Mountain Landscape.
You have to squint your eyes while viewing so that you lose some of the details.
She gave these to me as gifts.

ArmenianFlowerLandscapeMacForum.jpg

ArmenianFlowerChurchMacForum.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.