Uninstalling iWork09Trial

Reaction score
I used up my trial period on iWork09Trial. Could not buy it from the App Store, so I bought the app new on eBay. I want to uninstall the old one, before installing the new one, but cant find an uninstaller in its folder. I've heard I should not drag and drop it in the trash. What do I do? This is all on a 2009 iMac with Yosemite.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've heard I should not drag and drop it in the trash. What do I do? This is all on a 2009 iMac with Yosemite.

You heard wrong. Drag the Trial version to the Trash and then empty the Trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
iWork contains Pages, Numbers and Keynote. They should all be free in the macOS App Store, as long as you are using a newer OS X/macOS version than Mavericks (10.9).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
iWork contains Pages, Numbers and Keynote. They should all be free in the macOS App Store, as long as you are using a newer OS X/macOS version than Mavericks (10.9).

That's for iWork 2013. Requirements vary depending on which version of macOS you're running. Regardless, the iWork Trial can be removed easily by dragging the apps to the Trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.