unboxing now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" mid 2011. iPhone 4 & 5. iPad 1. Appletv.
just got my iPhone 6 and she's beautiful

Reaction score
I am interested to hear your initial thoughts.

What did you get 6 o 6+ how many gig etc.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I'm not the OP but I am fortunate to have a new 6 (4.7") and I'm happy to share my thoughts. :)

The 6 is a thing of beauty, and has as big a "wow" factor as my first iPhone (3GS) had. The screen is amazing - size really is important. Wadda ya know! The 6 is still compact enough for my jeans hip pocket, so that is the sweet spot for me.

I have mine in an Apple rubberised case and it makes the device very easy to hold with confidence. It is also still thinner than my 5S was in its case. The screen is a little tricky to use one handed; I'm sure I'll get it with practice (for reference, I am a man and 5' 8" so my fingers may be a little shorter than average for a typical man these days). I can touch opposite corners of the screen with my thumb, but need to flex my palm to achieve this. That flex was not needed with the 4" screen.

Turning the screen landscape in Messages or Mail reveals a keyboard with extra keys at the edges (including cursor left and right - very handy for correcting typos!). This doesn't happen with 3rd party apps, however, so it's not a straight substitution for the landscape keyboard. It does make switching between landscape keyboards a little tricky but I suspect the new keyboard will get a wider implementation over time.

A few small number of apps doen't display well on the new screen (Warhammer Quest, for example, has text which escapes the text boxes) but the vast majority do.

ETA: so far, battery life is on par with my 5S. I'm a relatively light user and typically get two days between charges.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not the OP but I am fortunate to have a new 6 (4.7") and I'm happy to share my thoughts. :)

The 6 is a thing of beauty, and has as big a "wow" factor as my first iPhone (3GS) had. The screen is amazing - size really is important. Wadda ya know! The 6 is still compact enough for my jeans hip pocket, so that is the sweet spot for me.

I have mine in an Apple rubberised case and it makes the device very easy to hold with confidence. It is also still thinner than my 5S was in its case. The screen is a little tricky to use one handed; I'm sure I'll get it with practice (for reference, I am a man and 5' 8" so my fingers may be a little shorter than average for a typical man these days). I can touch opposite corners of the screen with my thumb, but need to flex my palm to achieve this. That flex was not needed with the 4" screen.

Turning the screen landscape in Messages or Mail reveals a keyboard with extra keys at the edges (including cursor left and right - very handy for correcting typos!). This doesn't happen with 3rd party apps, however, so it's not a straight substitution for the landscape keyboard. It does make switching between landscape keyboards a little tricky but I suspect the new keyboard will get a wider implementation over time.

A few small number of apps doen't display well on the new screen (Warhammer Quest, for example, has text which escapes the text boxes) but the vast majority do.

ETA: so far, battery life is on par with my 5S. I'm a relatively light user and typically get two days between charges.

Thanks for your input!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.