Uggghhh...my buddy bought a Dell!!

K

kjellquist

Guest
I was chatting with him and his wife last night and they said they were shopping for a new PC. I knew I only had minutes to convince them to stop, but I also knew it wasn't going to happen. They bought some Dell piece of crap that will certainly be dead and replaced in two years....ugghhh.

One of his comments;
"Dude, I don't want to launch the space shuttle..just need something that won't break."

Well duh...spend a few extra bucks and get a Mac...it works, it won't "break", and you won't be buying another $700 piece of crap in 2 years.

Even an eMac would serve his needs...man...

Just had to vent!!!
 
OP
H

hokiethang

Guest
kjellquist said:
I was chatting with him and his wife last night and they said they were shopping for a new PC. I knew I only had minutes to convince them to stop, but I also knew it wasn't going to happen. They bought some Dell piece of crap that will certainly be dead and replaced in two years....ugghhh.

One of his comments;
"Dude, I don't want to launch the space shuttle..just need something that won't break."

Well duh...spend a few extra bucks and get a Mac...it works, it won't "break", and you won't be buying another $700 piece of crap in 2 years.

Even an eMac would serve his needs...man...

Just had to vent!!!

eh you cant save them all. Just have to make sure to show him all the wonderful features of your mac.
 
OP
S

Shakermaker

Guest
hokiethang said:
eh you cant save them all. Just have to make sure to show him all the wonderful features of your mac.

I am all for Macs. I LOVE my PMG4 Digital Audio at home, but I use a Dell at work, and I say they are very good for PeeCees. If I had the money - I would buy another Mac, but if you have to use a PC make sure its a Dell.

My 2 cents
 
OP
H

hokiethang

Guest
Shakermaker said:
I am all for Macs. I LOVE my PMG4 Digital Audio at home, but I use a Dell at work, and I say they are very good for PeeCees. If I had the money - I would buy another Mac, but if you have to use a PC make sure its a Dell.

My 2 cents

i used to like dell machines, until you have to administer 45 of them that are about a year old. You would not believe how many parts of those 45 have been sent back to dell for replacement (lets say none of those 45 have all original parts), thats where my comments stem from.
 
OP
K

kjellquist

Guest
He's actually had good experiences with Dell so there's really no reason for him to switch. I hated my Win2K box and that was the biggest reason for me...maybe if the Dell is a dud he will make the jump.
 
OP
T

TylerMoney

Guest
Dell isn't that great...they're better than gateway...but the best pc out there is probably sony vio...though that's in laptops...if I were to have gotten a pc laptop...it would have been a vio..but they're extremely expensive...even more than macs for the most part...and not as powerful....dell is what a family who surfs the web and checks e-mail....and chats on AIM does...
 
OP
M

Mac Apple

Guest
My parents bought a sony vaio. its not a mac but its much better than them having a big horrible box. Never had any trouble with it and it must be about two year old now.
 
OP
S

spencerb

Guest
I know you are going to laugh but I loved my emachines laptop. It's the new series that came out last year, and that machine was flawless and very well designed! Emachines totally turned around a couple years ago after a management shakeout. A couple of weeks ago they were bought by Gateway, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I sold the laptop this week on ebay to help pay for my PB. I hated to see it go, but the PB is so much better!
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
12,455
Reaction score
603
Points
113
Location
PA
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
My opinion is that if you absolutely must have a PC, then you should just build it yourself.
Its relatively simple to do so, and can end up to be quite a bit cheaper than buying one from
someone like Gateway or Dell.
I have a 1.53 Ghz Athlon system I built for around $500 total, and it is only that high
because I spent some extra money on RAM and two optical drives (combo DVD/CD-RW drive and a faster CD-RW)
 
OP
S

StarManta

Guest
D3v1L80Y: Not laptops, though.

*smack* that's for making me type out your name.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
12,455
Reaction score
603
Points
113
Location
PA
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
StarManta said:
D3v1L80Y: Not laptops, though.

True, but if you must have a desktop PC, then building it
on your own is the way to go.

StarManta said:
*smack* that's for making me type out your name.


Yeah its a pain for me sometimes too, ;)
I chose to use leet cus DevilBoy is almost always taken already
but admittedly I never checked before I used it here :D
 
OP
D

dante22

Guest
kjellquist said:
I was chatting with him and his wife last night and they said they were shopping for a new PC. I knew I only had minutes to convince them to stop, but I also knew it wasn't going to happen. They bought some Dell piece of crap that will certainly be dead and replaced in two years....ugghhh.

One of his comments;
"Dude, I don't want to launch the space shuttle..just need something that won't break."

Well duh...spend a few extra bucks and get a Mac...it works, it won't "break", and you won't be buying another $700 piece of crap in 2 years.

Even an eMac would serve his needs...man...

Just had to vent!!!
Even an EMAC. Watch out my mac is sensitive.
Is there a good return policy from the store they bought the Dell in or Dude, is it an 'as is' policy?
 

Shop Amazon


Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Top