• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Typical English weather but worse...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3
This reminds me of Se7en. It never stopped raining until the end of the movie.

OP
Stefan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
well im from Norwich which is near Thetford, Mildenhall and Lakenheath! Ha ha funny how the topics of threads change! The weather has alos decided to be quite nice this weekend - doubt it'll last though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Heya!

I also live in the UK and im so bored of the weather currently, its either raining or "about to" rain.

I work in a pub/resteraunt and so many people are bored of drinking inside the pub during the summer, they would much rather (like most people) be outside in the garden.

With all this in mind, a hot winter will do :p

~~ TS ~~

Hey cool, where abouts in Suffolk you from?

The weather this weekend has been quite pleasant though. Hopefully this is the start of our summer. It was nice in April, early May.

Last year it was nice till October, so I haven't gave up hope yet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
yh its been raining looooadss in the UK !

not too bad down here in Devon but its still been raining a lot. we have just had very little flooding (where i live).

Reaction score
:Shouting: Im getting so fed up with the weather in the UK at the moment! It's been non stop rain for weeks now - i mean literally weeks. It's the middle of July and you can't even enjoy a pint in a pub garden! I also finally have a job and money but there's no summer with which to enjoy it!! Anyone who doubts the existence of climate change please come to England

Not sure how many other people on this forum are from the UK so apologies if this rant doesn't apply!

Funny thing is just got back from a weekend in Somerset and am now complaining as we all got burnt!
ha ha ha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
We had over 90 degree temps here for the past TWO days in a row!!!
It's disgusting, and I just know it's because my neighbor has been driving his big SUV to and from work at LEAST twice a day... BY HIMSELF no less!!! If it continues to get hotter, I am going to go next door and let him know how angry I am about this warming he is doing!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
We had over 90 degree temps here for the past TWO days in a row!!!
It's disgusting, and I just know it's because my neighbor has been driving his big SUV to and from work at LEAST twice a day... BY HIMSELF no less!!! If it continues to get hotter, I am going to go next door and let him know how angry I am about this warming he is doing!!!

I'm with you on this one. I'm considering selling my SUV and getting a Hybrid (or better) so I can help cool off my neighborhood. I'm also considering buying a bicycle and just riding to work, that would be even better for the planet. I don't run my A/C at home because of how much pollution generating that electricity would create.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'm with you on this one. I'm considering selling my SUV and getting a Hybrid (or better) so I can help cool off my neighborhood. I'm also considering buying a bicycle and just riding to work, that would be even better for the planet. I don't run my A/C at home because of how much pollution generating that electricity would create.

That's great baggss! I too am making some major changes, because temps over 90 degrees (F), make it irritating to enjoy outdoor activities.... I am removing the light bulbs in my house and replacing them with Candles... that's all the light I need at night. I plan on doing this until the temps get between 78 and 82 degrees... When they get down to 78, I'll put the light bulbs back in, when it gets to 82.... back to the candles. This should make for a rather enjoyable summer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
On Sunday night we had some major wind and rain here in Calgary. No, it didn't snow. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's great baggss! I too am making some major changes, because temps over 90 degrees (F), make it irritating to enjoy outdoor activities.... I am removing the light bulbs in my house and replacing them with Candles... that's all the light I need at night. I plan on doing this until the temps get between 78 and 82 degrees... When they get down to 78, I'll put the light bulbs back in, when it gets to 82.... back to the candles. This should make for a rather enjoyable summer!

I considered that, but after doing some research I rejected it. The heat and pollution given off by candles actually outweighs the pollution that generating the electricity does, but only if you use the new super long lasting light bulbs. Studies have shown that these bulbs are 5 times more efficient than candles, last longer, generate less pollution overall and don't expose you or your family to the potential fire hazard that an open flame will (that would not make for a pleasant summer). Best of all, they are most efficient if you leave them on 24/7 than if you turn them on/off. These bulbs also generate zero heat as opposed to that of a candle and can actually cause a local cooling effect in the vicinity of the lamp itself, so I can cool my house by leaving the lights on!. You should check them out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
good point.... I must have failed to mention that once the candles have been used, I will take the left over wax and use it to seal all the windows and doors in my house, thus preventing any of the fumes released during the burning of the candles from escaping my home and polluting the world we live on.... While I may lose my life due to suffocation, at least I will die knowing that the world is just that much cleaner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
While I may lose my life due to suffocation, at least I will die knowing that the world is just that much cleaner.

It's nice to know that you take climate change so seriously. You sir are a good planetary custodian!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's nice to know that you take climate change so seriously. You sir are a good planetary custodian!

Thank you, as are you. I figure if my great great grandchildren aren't going to be able to live here... why would I have that right???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.