Two-Factor Authentication and update to sonoma from Ventura.

Reaction score
I am on ten day tour to Singapore. I own and operate MBA 2020 M1 with Ventura 13.6. I get notification in System settings regarding phone number for Two-Factor Authentication. I have the phone with that sim. But it will not work here. It gives option either to keep it, change it or not now. I selected keep it. will ventura to sonoma update require two factor authentication?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I think the safe answer is yes. As part of the macOS Upgrade process you may be required to confirm your Apple ID via 2FA.
To be honest I can't really remember for sure, I've had 2FA with my Apple account for a long time. It's second nature to me now, I can even use my Apple Watch so I'm hardly aware of it.
Let's just say it would be safer to wait until you have access to that phone number as things may have changed and you don't want to get caught mid-process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.