Turning Music "off" on the Ipod Touch

Reaction score
When I play music I can Pause, Switch to another track etc, but how do I "Stop" the music playing?

Seems a silly question but I haven't found the answer.

Don

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Pausing it in essence is Stopping the music.
If you want to stop stop it pressing the button with the circle bottom of iPod touch will stop the music but also take you to the Apps page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.4.11 2 GB RAM
I have the same problem: I cannot switch off the music of my iPod Touch G2. When I pause the music it shows "Now playing" on the 'Shuffle' page. Even after I follow your advice and press the circle button, when I go back it still shows "Now playing". And it is still using up the battery when it is switched off.

C

chas_m

This is incorrect.

As stated above, pause functions as stop. The program does not continue to use battery when paused.

You can "kill" the program outright by double-clicking on the home button to bring up the tray of recent programs, find Music, hold until the "x" appears and press the x. However, as already stated, this is unnecessary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.