• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tuff Question!

C

CMBlechar

Alright you guys,

I love reading what you all have to say about all this neat-o tech stuff and I don't post too often and usually when I do I get in trouble, but I couldn't help it this time.

Since you guys think that your so smart maybe you can help me with a question I've been pondering for quite some time.

Let me give you a little background before I ask it:
Remember the movie "Back to the Future" [you can remember any of the three if you'd like]?

Well, if I remember correctly when you got that Delorian up to 88 mph with the right nuclear fuel added + the flux capacitor and the entered desired date you could travel trough time. Okay knowing that, [heres the question] what would happen if you were to roll the window down lets say at 70 mph and stick your arm out the window and keep it out there during your acceleration to 88 mph and then arrived at the desired time of travel? What would happen to your arm?

I'm really having trouble with this one please help.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
nice avatar.
ok, I believe your arm would remain in the past as it is not in the vessel that is traveling through time, thus being outside of the field of time travel. but if the arm had nuclear fuel; and a flux capacitor, it too would go into the future at 88 mph. I'll have to think on it for a few minutes more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
it is my theory that when you hit 88 mph the flux capacitor and all of the of the other stuff propel the vehicle faster than the speed of light. therefore actually disentegrating your arm. because the window is open, the whole vehicle would implode becasue of the abrupt change in atmoshpereic pressure.

OP
B

Badger

It transmorgifies and reappears in a mummified condition in the Captain's head (bathroom) on the Heart-o-Gold where Trillian uses it as a backscratcher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I would think that you would be killed from the air pressure of having the window open at the speed of light. Also i beleve if your arm wasnt riped off from the speed it would be transported too, think about it what about all that stuff out side of the car on the back, if that can get transported then i think your arm would be too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
benjamindaines said:
I would think that you would be killed from the air pressure of having the window open at the speed of light. Also i beleve if your arm wasnt riped off from the speed it would be transported too, think about it what about all that stuff out side of the car on the back, if that can get transported then i think your arm would be too.
lol. 88 mph is not the speed of light. I agree with the rest of your statement. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
yes 88 mph is not the speed of light but in the movies when it car hits 88mph it gets "shot" to the speed of light leaving flaming tire tracks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.