Trying to get rid of "Stream Watch"

Reaction score
I am not good at the tech stuff but did think I could manage a shift from firefox to safari. When I open safari the home page is "Stream Watch" and I have no idea how to get rid of that...I did discover that the intrusive site is owned or connected to google.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Click on Safari then Preferences. Then click on General Tab. You will be able to set your Homepage Preference in there. HTH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Click on Safari then Preferences. Then click on General Tab. You will be able to set your Homepage Preference in there. HTH

And having it blank is a good alternative and/or set to "None" or an Empty page!! :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

OP
N
Reaction score
Screen2Watch has returned, changing my home page or leaving it blank does not get rid of screan2watch, it is now one of three which appear as favourites, the other two are google and bing, I now have three favourites owned by google and I have selected none...is it possible and practical to delete all of google ?

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Which OS X version are you using? I think you nerf to clear Safari's cache and history but the process is slightly different in some versions of Safari.

It probably won't hurt to tun MalwareBytes for Mac.

OP
N
Reaction score
Skydude: my safari is 11.01 and I have been trying to switch back to safari from firefox....I will try your suggestion of emptying cache etc; at this point I am thinking "nothing to lose".

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@newsy

The latest version of Safari is 11.0.2. Assuming your Operating System can accommodate the latest version, click on the App Store, then choose Updates.

Even with your current version, the way to Empty Caches is the same.

Firstly, in Safari, go to Preferences (shortcut is Command + comma. Or click on Safari and choose Preferences from dropdown menu).

Click on "Advanced". At the bottom, if not already checked, check the box "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Now you will see "Develop" in the top Menu Bar of Safari between "Bookmarks" and "Window". (It might have been there already, but probably not)

Click on "Develop". From the drop down, choose "Empty Caches". That's it.

As regards your Home Page. Open Safari Preferences, click on General.

This will appear:

S1.jpg

Where it shows Homepage (Yellow arrow), click on it it and delete what's there, i.e., leaving it blank. (Or, if you prefer, type in the URL of whatever you want.)

Then Quit Safari. Then reopen Safari.

Merry Christmas.

Ian

OP
N
Reaction score
Wonderful answer, Ian, I will print....just spent far too much time trying to find out the holiday hours for Tim Horton's.....Me birth place was the Royal Infirmary, Perth....been in Canada since 53.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Many, many years ago, I spent time as a medical student at Perth Royal Infirmary. As I've been retired for 9 years, you can guess it wasn't yesterday:)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.