Trying to get Mac OS X version 10.10

Reaction score
I was told by an Apple rep at Best Buy today, that I needed "Pages" from the App Store. When I got home, I realized I didn't have the App Store icon. I tried to update my software but I only have 10.7.5 & I need 10.10 or newer, to buy "pages". Anyone have any advice for me?
Thank you.

Reaction score
yes purchase iWork 09 from amazon on cd its the only one that contains pages that works on 10.7

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're running OS X 10.7.5 you have Mac App store access. The icon is either on your Dock or you can click on your Applications Folder and then click on the App Store.app. If you buy iWork 09 from Amazon as John suggests, you'll be running an older version. Why do you think you need Pages? If you need a word processor app, you can download the free LibreOffice or OpenOffice. The Apple rep at best buy is probably not an Apple employee but may in fact work for Best Buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Indeed, if you tell us why you think you need Pages, we could give more specific advice.

C

chas_m

Pages is a fantastic program, and the rep at Best Buy has absolutely no financial or other incentive to recommend it other than that he or she shares my opinion of it, presumably after having listened to what you want to accomplish. No knock on LibreOffice or other alternatives (including Microsoft Office) intended.

As stated above, you do already have access to the Mac App Store. Presuming that you already have an iTunes account, you would use those credentials to log into the Mac App Store (no need to create a new account unless you have never bought anything from iTunes and have no account there).

If you could give us some more information about your machine (model, RAM level, that sort of thing), we could advise on whether your best option would be to upgrade to Yosemite and get the latest version of Pages (very good) or if you should stay where you are for now and buy the older '09 version as Johnodd suggested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.