Trying to create an XP Slipstreamed CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I'm trying to construct a slipstreamed XP SP2 CD for trying BootCamp, but I cannot get it to work. Each time I install from it, it fails with the message "Cannot load file OHCI1394.SYS" and restarts. That file is the firewire device driver, and it is DEFINITELY there, and I can view it without a problem. I've tried installing from an ISO using Parallels (as well was wasting three CDRs) and I get the same message, so it's not a disk error.

Searching Google I've found lots of people with the same error, but no solution. I'm reasonably sure that slipstreaming SP2 has messed something up, as this file is updated in the service pack (I tried putting the old one in and that didn't help).

Has anyone else encountered this? After two days of it, and another two trying to install Ubuntu on the PC, I've had operating systems up to here but I don't like leaving it without finding a solution.

Reaction score
I am pretty certain my slipstreamed XP CD installed fine under Parallels, but it doesn't under Bootcamp.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If anyone's interested, the solution to this was to use Nlite, which did the SP2 slipstream and created a flawless ISO. I had trouble burning the CD within Nlite so I used CDBurnerXP and all is well. Obviously SP2 wasn't slipstreaming correctly - perhaps the moon was in the wrong phase or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
When I read the title, I instantly thought of suggesting nLite, but it looks as though you've already solved your problem. Sorry I didn't catch this 3 days ago when you posted :(

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I read the title, I instantly thought of suggesting nLite, but it looks as though you've already solved your problem. Sorry I didn't catch this 3 days ago when you posted :(

That's okay. I'd heard of nLite but only remembered it when I did a search for "bootcamp slipstream" and someone mentioned it. Great software, it's handy having a working SP2 CD, and I have an ISO for Parallels too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
That's okay. I'd heard of nLite but only remembered it when I did a search for "bootcamp slipstream" and someone mentioned it. Great software, it's handy having a working SP2 CD, and I have an ISO for Parallels too.

I spent about 6 hous last night switching between OSX, parallels, rebooting, downloading junk shareware, digging through installation CDs, wasting blank CDs . . . .

Thanks for posting the answer. When I eventually gave up I had exactly the same problem. Grabbing Nlite now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.