Trouble with IE accessing web sites....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Firefox also doesn't display a lot of webpages properly either. It doesn't conform to standards like Safari or Opera. IE is pretty much a standard in itself as it is the most popular browser. To be honest, I don't notice much difference at all between IE and Firefox. If IE was so terrible, then everyone would move to Firefox or Opera, but it is fine for the average user so most people don't bother changing.

I also hate the advertising associated with Firefox as well. I also don't like Apple Mac adverts. Why do companies have to poke fun at Microsoft to advertise their products?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Deleting my post after happening across this page, which as a Firefox user, I found very interesting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I'm not all that familiar with Parallels so I don't know entirely if other things there may be amiss, but have you done all the standard things like running Microsoft Update, and making sure you have the most recent version of Internet Explorer installed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.