Trouble accessing music on iPhone 6s

KPMac

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got all my music and playlists (which I collected for decades)on my iPhone 6s.

However, it's impossible to access the music on iCloud when I connect the phone to a PC or download the music in any way.

I have not upgraded the phone to the latest operating system as I worry the phone might black out. I don't use the phone for anything other than accessing the music.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best way to access my music on iCloud/download them? Also, would the phone die if I try to upgrade the OS now?

Thank you so much.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
"Music on iCloud", what does that mean? You are mixing and matching a bunch of things that are unrelated, so you might want to tell us what you're trying to accomplish.

How did the music get onto the iPhone? Did you purchase it through iTunes?

Upgrading the phone won't cause your phone to die, but I'm not sure if you can upgrade at this point. I'm guessing that the version of iOS that your phone supports is likely no longer available. That phone is now (as of today) nearly 9 generations behind the current iPhone.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi everyone,

I've got all my music and playlists (which I collected for decades)on my iPhone 6s.

However, it's impossible to access the music on iCloud when I connect the phone to a PC or download the music in any way.

I have not upgraded the phone to the latest operating system as I worry the phone might black out. I don't use the phone for anything other than accessing the music.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best way to access my music on iCloud/download them? Also, would the phone die if I try to upgrade the OS now?

Thank you so much.

A warm welcome to our Forums.

Your post is interesting, but poses difficulties for us who are trying to help you. We are not sitting next to you nor know your past history of how you acquired your music.

I understand that you have an iPhone 6S. It was presumably past its prime and you decided to use it much like an iPod - that is, to down load music to it and play back same as required.

But how did you get the music on to the iPhone? Crucial question.

Purchased? If so from where?

Or did you have a bunch of CDs which you put on a computer, then downloaded to your iPhone?

If so: what computer, Apple or PC and what method was used to download on to the iPhone?

And how does iCloud come into all of this?

I'm really sorry for you, but I for one, haven't a clue about the background to your problems.

Please help us to help you.

Ian

OP
K

KPMac

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply and offering to help. To answer your questions,

I understand that you have an iPhone 6S. It was presumably past its prime and you decided to use it much like an iPod - that is, to down load music to it and play back same as required.

Yes exactly.

But how did you get the music on to the iPhone?

From the iTunes installed on my Macbook (which died years ago).

Purchased? If so from where? Or did you have a bunch of CDs which you put on a computer, then downloaded to your iPhone?

Some purchased from iTunes (some directly downloaded onto the Macbook and some to my iPhone) and some off CDs.

If so: what computer, Apple or PC and what method was used to download on to the iPhone?

All music on the iPhone was downloaded from my Macbook iTunes.

And how does iCloud come into all of this?

I had all my music copied to iCloud. And on another phone, some music showed up as downloaded on the phone, while others showed up only accessible on iCloud with internet. I no longer seem to have any of the music on my iCloud (there's plenty of free space available).

Sorry if all this is still not clear, but tech is not really my strength. Thank you again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.