Trillian Astra

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Does any one have a Trillian Astra invite they'd like to share with me?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so, is this a new im format?

considering the bad experinces i've had with their chat client for windows, i'd be wary. i know a lot of people like it, but i just don't see it.

so, i guess that would be a no, i don't have one. ;P

OP
Carla
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Yeah. I surmise they're attempting to compete with AdiumX. I'd like to to try it out though. iChat and AdiumX have been working for well for me so far. Yet, if there's something better, I'm all for it.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh yeah, on second look it's just a client, right? so all they did was add mac support?

about time, they've been around forever. though i've used both (with msn and aim at the same time) and adium is far more polished.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Maybe I am strange or something because I have always loved Trillian and used it with ICQ, AIM, YAHOO, IRC, MSN, Google all at the same time and loved it. I left it behind when I started using OSX. I still have my thinkpad with Trillian but I have not been a Pro user since the older version.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i guess some of my issues could be because i never ponied up for the pro version.

they all do one or two things that i like and don't like, i wish i could mix and match features and interfaces. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
A friend of mine sent me this link today...

http://blog.ceruleanstudios.com/?p=205

I used trillian for Windows only briefly... didn't like it that much and moved back to MSN client.

For me Adium works the best on OS X. Although it may not have the Audio/Video features... it still rocks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.0ghz
I don't see it taking away Adium's lead. I was glued to Trillian when I used Windows as my primary OS. Unfortunately, Cerulean studios chooses to keep their software's source closed, and their release cycles are terribly, terribly drawn-out. The last major update for Trillian was nearly three years ago. There are huge gaps in their development cycles, and their betas are often closed.

Adium, on the other hand, has frequent updates and open betas. The same is true of Pidgin, which I feel is currently superior to Trillian on the Windows side. This is a clear case of open source trumping closed source. Trillian, I am sad to say (as I used to love it), is old news.

Reaction score
yes if someone has it please share it with me. i tried posting at the waiting list on the site but still nothing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.