Transrerring Documents from MacBook to iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I need to send quite a few .doc and .pdf documents to my ipad from my MacBookPro. a) How do I do that and b) How do I then retrieve them on the iPad? Thanks very much for your help (can you tell I'm still a newbie?)

Reaction score
There are a variety of ways, one of the best is to use a cloud service like dropbox. You can either upload the docs to dropbox from your Pro or use macdrop any to sync a folder on your pro (use macdropany to put a symlink of the folder into dropbox). The docs will be available on your ipad through the drop box app. If you sync the folder, dropbox acts as a backup too.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Reaction score
Just a note, you can transfer the files using itunes, also, but it's kind of clumsy. The lack of access to the file system of idevices and necessity of itunes is a main reason I don't delve into the entire ecosystem. If you need the documents for offline access using the dropbox thing, I think you will have to download them to your mobile device while you are connected.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You could email them to yourself. I do this all the time when I want to have access to something from one to another of my computers.:)

A "Cloud" based method is a handy way also.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.