Transferring mp3 from Mail to Music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Please forgive an old man’s question about what should be quite simple. I have tried using the share option to transfer mp3s but Music isn’t included in the options. How do I move them so that I can listen to them offline?

Reaction score
Hey @Alwyn, no need to apologize! We're all here to learn.

To transfer mp3s from Mail to Music, open the email with the mp3 and press the download button (usually an arrow pointing down). This should save the file to your Downloads folder. Then, open Music, go to File > Add to Library. Navigate to your Downloads folder, select the mp3 files you've downloaded, and click 'Open'. Now, your music should be in your library and available for offline listening.

Let me know if you need further help with this!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Thanks. I did that and seem to have transferred it to downloads but can’t find the downloads file although I searched for it. Its not in the downloaded music file either.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Downloads is a Folder (not a File) and can be found by:

1. Open Finder and look at Sidebar. It should be shown under "Applications", "Documents"' then "Downloads". Click on it.

2. Open Spotlight (Cmd + Spacebar) and type in Downloads and it will appear lower down under Folders. Click on it.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.