transferring address book

Reaction score
My powebook g4 10.3.9 died. i have successfully set it as a target drive for my macbook pro and gotten just about whatever i wanted off of it. i can't figure out how to get my contacts from my address book or my bookmarks from firefox off the old machine. the bookmarks are much less important. the address book contact information is much more important and annoying.

suggestions?

Reaction score
The Address Book File is AddressBook.data, in the AddressBook folder, inside the Applications Support Folder, inside the user's Library folder. Open it with TextEdit and run a search for a name you know should be to make sure it's the right file. I'm not sure whether you might need other Address Book files, as well.

Drag it over to the new computer, if you can. Or open it and copy and paste all of it into a new TextEdit document. Save it as a plain text file named AddressBook.data

The Firefox bookmarks file is named bookmarks.html. It's in the Application's Support folder, too, inside the Firefox folder, then the Profiles folder, then a folder named with random characters but ending with .default.

You can drag the bookmarks file to the new computer, as well.

GWR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D - PB G4 - iBook G4 - iMac G3 DV SE
How about copying bookmarks from Safari? How do you do that?

Reaction score
To make a backup, copy the bookmarks.plist in the Safari folder in the user's Library folder.

I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
To make a backup, copy the bookmarks.plist in the Safari folder in the user's Library folder.
That is exactly what you need to do in order to backup Safari bookmarks.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.