took iOS8.1 upgrade today

Reaction score
Now Facebook crashes on opening. It is a fourth generation i-pad.. any suggestions to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Now Facebook crashes on opening. It is a fourth generation i-pad.. any suggestions to fix this?

Hi Beads - quoted below is my usual response for a misbehaving app - start @ the top and if needed work your way to the bottom, i.e. Reset - good luck and let us know if any of these maneuvers help. Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 7.x/8.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
B
Reaction score
iOS8.1 upgrade /facebook won't open

Thanks Dave for your suggestions. I couldn't move the facebook app /block that shows facebook to the top of the page.

I did try a 'soft reset' but that didn't work either.
Anything else I can try.

Beads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Dave for your suggestions. I couldn't move the Facebook (FB) app /block that shows facebook to the top of the page.

I did try a 'soft reset' but that didn't work either.
Anything else I can try.

Hello Beads - let's again try to 'Force Close' the FB app - open the multitasking screen by double clicking on the Home Button - see my screen capture attached from my iPad 2 - I don't have the FB app, but you see Sudoku opened on my device - you need to press on the larger pic in the middle (white arrow), then press and drag to the top - both that image and the smaller icon @ the bottom should disappear - see if that works for you, i.e. reopen and try again.

If not successful, then try a 'Reset' (not to worry, your iPad will not BLOW up! ;)) - NOW, if that still does not help, then delete the FB app and download again - Dave :)

IMG_0726.PNG

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks again Dave,
Well i could not pull it off the page but it showed an x and then it said do you want to delete. so I did delete it. Now I can't reinstall facebook until I get the password my son, in CA, put on this i-pad when he set it up.
So I'm going off line until my son sends me the password.. then I'll try to reinstall it.
Thanks, thanks for your help. You guys are wonderful to help us folks in need.
Beads

OP
B
Reaction score
iOS8.1 upgrade /facebook won't open

Back again, Hey Dave...
I have now reinstalled facebook and it WORKS.

Thanks so much for your suggestions and the delete reinstall worked great.

Wonderful help here.

Beads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back again, Hey Dave...
I have now reinstalled facebook and it WORKS................

GREAT! Glad all is now well, plus you now know the steps to take in the future - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.