Time Machine restored Inbox is not in iMac Mail?

Reaction score
For some reason I lost my emails in my Mac Mail Inbox, and also on my IMAP mail server so I can not sync them back.

I have a recent Time Backup with the full Inbox. In Mac Mail selecting the Inbox, in Time Machine I find a backup of that Inbox with all the emails.

However when I restore, Time Machine says restoring, but they did not restored in Mac Mail.

I can not find them on the iMac. Where did they get restored??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I can not find them on the iMac. Where did they get restored??
Is there any new addition in the sidebar of your Mac Mail where your mailboxes are labelled "Import" or something similar???

It might have a disclosure triangle next to it which you may have to click on to see any actual mailboxes.

I don't know but I'm just taking a guess that that might have happened.

- Patrick
=======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@rlm45

Right at the top of the list of Mailboxes, immediately under favourites - place your cursor gently, hovering ABOVE the current top mailbox on the far RIGHT side. You should see this:

S1.jpg

Two points: the arrowhead should be pointing downwards (as above) and if you Click on the "+" within the circle, this will add any mailboxes not yet seen.

Try that out and see if your Inbox appears.

NB You have to be very gentle in placing your cursor to see what I've illustrated above.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@pm-r

Hi Patrick. I think this is what you were referring to in your post #2.

Kudos to you.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
If you are using IMAP, then you mail box syncs to your server, so what is on your server currently is what will appear. When I move to trash emails on my Mac, when I then open my iPad, momentarily, all the emails are there, then it updates to what is on the server as it syncs, depending on your needs this can be either a pro or con.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You may have to turn off iCloud sync, to get all your emails back into the inbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.