Time Capsule & a Foscam camera?

Reaction score
My wife went out and bought a Foscam night vision camera for our kids bedroom but the instructions say that to add it to our wireless network (I have a Time Capsule & Air Port Express) you have to push the WPS button on the router, which of course the Time Capsule does not have. I was thinking there was a way to do this through the Airport Utility but I can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions on how to get the camera on the wireless? IIRC a few years ago Apple refused to use WPS buttons as they were not secure, is this still the case with WPS2? Are there better options for a camera and a household that is entirely Apple products?
Thanks, Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks, I also found that review but he made no mention of how he did it. The directions are, for what it's worth, painful! LOL. Makes you wonder how or why PC users put up with all the BS they have to go through just to set up a device. The second link looks like it may work though as it's along the lines I was thinking that the TC needs to be set up specifically to get it to work. Will try later and hope it works.

OP
I
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I figured it out.
From Airport Utility select the Time Capsule or Airport express device you have. Then across the top bar choose Base Station then select Add WPS Printer and tell it to search for the next available printer. Press the WPS button on the Camera and it should find it within a minute or so. I thought this was just for printers but it actually discovers any WPS enabled devices and adds it to your network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congratulations and thanks for the feedback post, I'm sure some others will appreciate the info. But who would have guessed or thought... but it makes sense now that you mention it.

I guess it's just some other Bonjour thing. Once the right button has been pressed. :D

OP
I
Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for the feedback post, I'm sure some others will appreciate the info. But who would have guessed or thought... but it makes sense now that you mention it.

I guess it's just some other Bonjour thing. Once the right button has been pressed. :D

Issue may not be resolved quite as of yet. For some reason the IP address is changing at seemingly random times and I have to go into the software and reconfigure the settings to get it working again. I'm wondering if this is why I've come across references to people having to set up Port Forwarding on their TC? I hope not because I really don't know how to do it and I don't want to mess up my perfectly stable home network because of this camera!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just another thought seeing that most of what I saw at the Foscam pages and their lack of Mac and AP or TC wireless support, try a Google or web search on Apple time capsule and WPS or Apple Airport and WPS and see if some of the hits work with the installation directions.

Or maybe even try searching on Apple time capsule and WPS and Foscam camera or similar.

AFAIK, WPS is old technology and not often used due to its unreliability, so you should be able to get the webcam's address a bit more stable and to stick.

But as I said, I don't know the exact procedure for that device, but good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.