Tiger Install, no space? PowerMac G5

Reaction score
I gave my friend my copy of Tiger 10.4 to install on his G5 (PPC)

The install went ok, but he is unable to download any of the updates, due to the system saying that he does not have any space available. He just wiped the drive and reformatted. Now when he goes to install the updates, when the window pops up that asks what drive to install on, it shows his HD with 137gb available, but it has the red "!" over it, and it says, not enough space. Anyone know what is causing this problem?

Anyhelp is much appreciated.

I think its a dual 2.5ghz Powermac G5.

This is the error message:

"installing this software requires 102MB of space

! You cannot install Mac OS X Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirments for this update"

..pCe..

Reaction score
I gave my friend my copy of Tiger 10.4 to install on his G5 (PPC)

The install went ok, but he is unable to download any of the updates, due to the system saying that he does not have any space available. He just wiped the drive and reformatted. Now when he goes to install the updates, when the window pops up that asks what drive to install on, it shows his HD with 137gb available, but it has the red "!" over it, and it says, not enough space. Anyone know what is causing this problem?

Anyhelp is much appreciated.

I think its a dual 2.5ghz Powermac G5.

This is the error message:

"installing this software requires 102MB of space

! You cannot install Mac OS X Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirments for this update"

..pCe..

Well, after a bit of searching I found this article:

Cannot select a volume to install

When installing software via the Installer utility, the Installer may launch successfully, but when you get to the Installer's Select a Destination pane, you may find one of the following problems:

The volume that you intended to use to install your selected software is not displayed.
The volume icon is displayed but dimmed, so it cannot be selected.
The volume icon is displayed, but a Stop Sign symbol with an exclamation point overlaps the volume icon, indicating that you cannot install the software on that volume.

It came from this page.

03fig08.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.