Third party repair shops in the Indy area?

Reaction score
Anyone in the Indianapolis area know of any third party repair shops? I have a 2010 iMac 11,3 with I think a backlight issue.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use your Google. I just did a search for Apple Authorized Repair Centers in Indianapolis and came up with at least 5 or 6 hits. And that was in addition to genuine Apple Stores. Pick one close by to your home and give them a call first to find out what they charge for diagnosis.

OP
S
Reaction score
I've already done that, and I don't want to deal with apple repair shops, or an apple store. The service is terrible. My machine is old, and they're not going to work on it; all they're going to do is try to get me to buy another computer. I meant an unauthorized apple repair shop. I just thought that somebody out there might know of a good repair shop that might be able to fix my machine. I found one in Manhattan, NY, but that's a bit far, even though I could send it to them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Check to see if there are any Mac User Groups (MUG) in your area. Sometimes, they have d-i-y guys in them, that may offer some assistance to you?

https://www.apple.com/usergroups/

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've already done that, and I don't want to deal with apple repair shops, or an apple store. The service is terrible. My machine is old, and they're not going to work on it; all they're going to do is try to get me to buy another computer. I meant an unauthorized apple repair shop. I just thought that somebody out there might know of a good repair shop that might be able to fix my machine. I found one in Manhattan, NY, but that's a bit far, even though I could send it to them.

OK, fair enough even though I don't share your opinion about Apple's service. Your best bet perhaps is to do as Bob suggested above and find a user group or even an individual who does those kind of repairs and is experienced with working on Macs.

You might also want to do some googling about your backlight problem. The backlight on your model iMac is LED driven so it may be the associated circuitry which needs to be looked at. You could try hooking up an external monitor to your iMac to see how that operates just to make sure that it isn't something else that could be wrong with the display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.