• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Thinking of selling my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Here's what would come with it. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it would sell for, and if enough, I think I'm going to sell it.

2.13 Ghz Core 2 Duo - $2,000
2Gb Ram - $100 (I added 1Gb extra after I purchased it)
120 Gb HD
15inch Display
Licensed copy of Vista Home Premium installed in Bootcamp - $250 or so for the copy of Vista
Licensed copy of Parallels - $80 for the licensed copy
Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard - $80

Total amount I've paid around $2500

It's only about 2 months old, I'd probably be willing to part with it for $2200 OBO.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I suggest two things, price out your machine at www.everymac.com and www.ebay.com

that will give you a good idea as to what people will pay for your machine.

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
Ok, I'm willing to let this go for $1800. In addition to the installation of Vista in Bootcamp, it has a licensed copy of XP installed via Parallels(PM me for details on this, it is licensed).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just curious, why are you thinking of selling it?

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
I'm just not a Mac person. Once I installed Vista I spend all my time in it, and only go to OSX when I work on Ruby on Rails stuff. I had thought of keeping it just to use Vista as you can't get this nice of a laptop for the price, but that's not really the ideal situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black Core2Duo 2.0ghz, 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD, Tiger
Would you consider shipping to the UK?

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
Sure, as long as you're willing to pay the shipping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I wouldn't want the monitor, or the mouse and keyboard. How much do you reckon it would cost?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Well, I wouldn't want the monitor, or the mouse and keyboard. How much do you reckon it would cost?

it is a macBOOK pro

its all attached

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thankyou for so superciliously pointing that out, Skye.

I am aware that it's a Macbook Pro.

I thought that it had an extra display, you see. And I doubt that the wireless keyboard and mouse come attached, but hey - what do I know?

Perhaps in future you'd like to mind your own business.

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
Well, the mouse and keyboard are really just thrown in as I won't really have use for a mac keyboard on a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's more the extra shipping, to be honest. Don't worry, I won't want a discount, maybe you could sell them on eBay or something?

Anyways... if you let me know an all-in price - shipping and everything - I'll get back to you on it :)

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black
Pictures of the machine and a sign with your name by it?

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
Also, if you look at the third and fourth pictures you can see I actually have it booted up in Vista right there.

One final thing, I have installed on the Mac side a licensed copy of CuteFTP, so you can keep that as well.

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
****, Vista and XP!
That's right, and you'll get the licenses for them, I'm not going to keep them and reinstall them, so you're getting almost $500 worth of Windows licenses to do with what you want as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.