• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Yankees Suck

P

PinkPhishDoors

The Yankees suck...
It is so easy to be a Yankees fan, of course you will win all the time (not the case last night 22-0 loss against cleveland) your owner has a **** of a lot of money. Your team isn't grown, it's bought, you buy every good player that thrives in the MLB. As soon as there a free agent, you offer them so much money they can't refuse. and if they are involved in a multiyear contract and they are thriving, of course you will just corner another team into making them trade him. Yankees fans have no faith they just jump on the bandwagon for the ride.

Red Sox are a truly great team.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
So your a New Englander eh? Where abouts are you?

And I really couldn't care less about sports... :-\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yankee Homegrown Players
- Derek Jeter
- Jorge Posada
- Bernie Williams
- Mariano Rivera

Red Sox Homegrown
- Trot Nixon

Don't bring up the yankees don't grow players when sox only have 1

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Red sox
Trot Nixon
Dave McCarty
Kevin Yukilis
Mark Bellhorn
Gabe Kapler
Bill Mueller
and more...

So get your facts straight before making non-sense posts like these.
Also this is not exactly what i am saying, a lot of great home grown red sox players ae given up after their contract is up due to lack of money for the Red Sox. The Yankees can virtually sign anybody they want, they have got the all-mean/rich Steinbrenner and he pumps as much money as he wants in to getting the best players to play for the Yanks. The point is that it is so easy to jump on the Yankees band-wagon because of the constant money is always there for New Yorky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Sounds like Man U or Chelsea in the Premiership. Recently Wayne Rooney was signed by Man U from Everton coz Everton needed the money. My mate supports everton and he was gutted.
I couldn't care less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
McCarty is 34 years old and has only played for the sox these past two seasons
Kapler spent his first 5 seasons on other teams
Youklis is homegrown yes i forgot him
Bellhorn has played 7 seasons in the bigs and this was his first time on the sox
Mueller spent his first 7 seasons on different teams

Its not like the red sox are a small market team....they can afford to give manny 120 million....they go out and get pedro, schilling

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

All of those players were from the Paw sox or Sea Dogs, I'm not sayint that they didn't go to other teams first, but they were from the Sox farm teams, and they eventually ended up at Fenway. And the Yanks just rob other teams of trades, we should of had a-rod but of course Steinbrenner had to make sure that there was no other threat in the AL East.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The yankees had nothing to do with the red sox not getting a-rod......its the sox fault for trying to take some off of his contract

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

We are getting of topic, the point is that it is so easy to be a Yankees fan, your almost garenteed one if the best seasons in baseball because you can buy your way through. And your yanks are really weird, you got posada :))) < with his big ears. Giambi, who is much worse then his brother, and he has a parasetic problem from eating New York garbage. Then you have Jeter, who is obviously stoned every game and cannot keep his eyes open. You have sheffield who is 4 feet high, and has a very stupid way of batting, swing back in forth in more rotations than my 5 series engine. And then you have torre, he looks so old and puffy, he must have been in the ghetto ny street.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I agree, schweb, you can't forget the other MLB teams. :)

I'm a big San Francisco Giants fan, but that's mainly because I think J.T. Snow has a lovely derrière. ::swoon:: :D

Reaction score
I don't care about baseball but just in case anyone in Boston has forgotten....

New York Yankees
1923, '27, '28, '32, '36, '37, '38, '39, '41, '43, '47, '49, '50,
'51, '52, '53, '56, '58, '61, '62, '77, '78, '96, '98, '99, '00

Super Leeds!

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

schweb said:
Go Indians! ;)

A very good team 3rd on my list. Let's not forget that they just hammered the Yankees 3 days ago, in the worst Yankee lost ever, 22-0 :p

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

NJ Tom said:
I don't care about baseball but just in case anyone in Boston has forgotten....

New York Yankees
1923, '27, '28, '32, '36, '37, '38, '39, '41, '43, '47, '49, '50,
'51, '52, '53, '56, '58, '61, '62, '77, '78, '96, '98, '99, '00

Super Leeds!

That is not my point at all, the point is that the Yankees can gt ANYONE they want.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I can't believe that the Yanks were trying to get the D rays to FORFIT the game they missed, i guess the Yanks are right it was ONLY a natural disaster, no big deal the players can leave their families right when the storm is passing through Tampa. Because their is nothing more important than baseball right? WRONG baseball is just a game, The Devil Rays are just as proud to play for Tampa(even though they have a bad record) as the Yanks are for New York, That was a very stupid yanks request. But then again is was ONLY a natural disaster.... only

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I like this quote.

espn said:
It's the poobahs at Major League Baseball, who must have been the only people on the planet not watching the Weather Channel over the weekend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PinkPhishDoors said:
I find that article very biased, the Yanks, my Point of view(not biased)

Your point of view is as biased as they come

is that the Yanks got scared with their horrible pitching and needed a helping hand

Lets see yankees starters since the whoopin 22-0

7 IP 1 ER
7 IP 0 ER
6 IP 3 ER
7 IP 2 ER
7 IP 3 ER
7 IP 2 ER
6 2/3 IP 2 ER
8 IP 1 ER

You can't even tell by lookin at all of those games which ones are the #1 and #5 starters because everyone of them is a quality start

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.