• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Winter Blizzard of '11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
I live in northwest Ohio and we've gotten a TON of ice and snow so far with more to follow...

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
All we got was a few hours of cold rain (it was 78 deg F here on Saturday). For the more northerly inclined, you have my sympathy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Here in Houston (actually I live just outside of Houston) I woke up and it was 19 degrees. That is a huge deal, because it rarely breaks into the 20s. I think this may be the first time in my 27 years that it's broken into the teens.

Saying tomorrow afternoon through Friday morning we might get snow. Another big deal, as it very rarely snows here. We did get a little bit a couple of times the last few years. Before that, it was about 15 years since the last snowfall.

I tell you, I wish I still lived in Crystal Beach, just east of Galveston. I lived with my grandparents, who had a house on a canal, with a boat house and dock. When we had a good freeze there in 1990 (the aforementioned snow of 15 years before), my dad and gramps got in the boat and creeped through the frozen water, scooping up dead frozen fish, and filled up our freezer.

Reaction score
Bottomed out at −5 where I'm at…snow is rather fine and powdery. Wind chills are ridiculous.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Found this when reading about the winter storm warning:
The major storm which was born in Texas late Monday is tracking northeast across Western New York this morning accompanied by a shield of wintery precipitation.
So we can blame the Texans then? :p

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Live in Rocky River, neighbor city to Cleveland, and I have to say, I'm glad CSU was closed today, but am extremely disappointed with the news reports of this "blizzard" and all the snow that it was suppose to dump on us. We cleaned the driveway last night, and to this second, there isn't even 2 inches of snow. When I hear warnings on news channels that say this is going to be the worst winter storm in a decade or so, I want there to be a ton of snow outside! I want to be able to walk into it(like when I lived in NY,NY:) I guess they guessed the ice part right for this area, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.2Ghz, 1TB LaCie external Drive
Don't blame the Texans - :) - High in Austin today was mid 20s with a wind chill that is just below 0, rolling brown / blackouts, tonight is supposed to be back in the teens. Coldest temps in Austin since 1990. Friday expecting 1 to 3 inches of snow.

I will never complain about 105 in the summer again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
19 inches of snow here, mild temps (not for Texans)

Wasn't bad, just stayed home, cleared the driveway for tomorrow. We're good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Have we seen the last of the snow or will there be any more storms? NE specifically. I would enjoy another day off school. :)
nicecrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I saw a satellite image that showed the entire US covered in clouds, with one exception, a clear spot over Southern California. Man do I love living here, bright and sunny, zero clouds, and a mild 70 degrees :)
What is this snow they speak of? :)

Reaction score
Ended up with about 20 inches of snow and bottomed out at -15F this morning made it to about 15F in the afternoon.

Heading into the low 30's this weekend not sure it will melt much there awesome big piles of snow out there! I think they'll be here till March.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
we got between 20 and 30 inches of snow in chicago illinois, cars stranded all over and the day after most streets are still a nightmare had 5-7' drifts in my backyard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.