The Trash in Mail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Okay, so I have noticed that I do not have a trash can for my Gmail and AOL account. Is there anyway to get them in the Mail application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Odd.. I have a "Trash" folder on the left sidebar of Mail... all deleted emails go there... I can let click the little collapse arrow, to view the trash form a specific account, for example my gmail account.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea but what about for AOL account that i have going to the MAIL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I don't have an AOL account, but EVERY other account in my MAIL has it's own trash.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Odd.. I have a "Trash" folder on the left sidebar of Mail... all deleted emails go there... I can let click the little collapse arrow, to view the trash form a specific account, for example my gmail account.

Ditto on this end with Gmail. AOL uses IMAP and the trash is in a different folder from all I have seen with IMAP accounts on various mail clients. I will check it out and get back to you.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got my Gmail account to make the trash appear. But I dont have a trash can for my AOL account. Thanks Travis

Reaction score
Click the little arrow next to the trash can, a list with your Gmail Trash can in it should drop down. Usually my deleted mails directly go to that deleted Gmail folder.

You cannot, however, expect changes you make to your mail take effect on Gmail itself (if you login online I mean).

This is because POP3 Mail just downloads emails and doesn't actually do anything on the server itself, so you can't delete a message in Mail and expect it to be deleted online as well.

I think that works with IMAP, though.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My Gmail trash can appeared so now im just waiting for AOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.