The Return of the Count

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ugh.. nooooooooooo! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
After reviewing member feedback we've decided to reinstate the post count in member profiles. You should see it again starting sometime today.

However, the User Reputation System still remains the dominant measure at Mac-Forums. The Reputation System will be used when evaluating anything that needs evaluating (e.g. making decisions when we need to choose a new mod, etc.).

But as I stated above, we wanted to make sure we could make as many people happy as possible which is why we are also returning the post count measure. We will be aggressive though in managing the situations that brought about its initial disappearance.

PS - As a heads up....look for something really exciting to be announced soon regarding the User Reputation System. Start using it....trust me...you'll be glad you did ;)

Reaction score
OH! Thanks alot for that. Now if some one say has 1,000 posts, and only 1 green dot, you will know how much of those 1,000 posts are worth something.

Reaction score
Yes, so long as the counter is set to 0 as the reputation system was started not so long ago. :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No it's not. Even though it's not currently shown, it has been tracked. When it is added back on it will show the current number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I think this is a great idea. The combo of the reputation system and th post count should give us a pretty decent guage of what each member has contributed. Kudos Shweb.

-Chris

J

Jefe3223

agreed, 'tis probably a good idea for both. When it's up and showing on ones profile (if not blatantly obvious) let me know where I should look to find it. I'm pretty dense sometimes.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
For all of the members wanting the post count back, I would have thought there would be a lot of replies and thanking going on. Besides the members that posted in this thread, I guess that I'll thank schweb on the behalf of others.

I

iDVFH.

I was going to thank them when it did return..unless it's only my computer..cause there's no post count over here /=

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
we mods and admins dont require much thanks, we work tirelessly like machines.

but we are always happy when we get positive feedback. so thank you.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
iDVFH. said:
I was going to thank them when it did return..unless it's only my computer..cause there's no post count over here /=

I guess, we'll have to give it time for the post count to return. I always put stuff off; it's one of my bad habits. ;) :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually it was supposed to return on Friday. However, the vBulletin guy at iNet must have run into some issues with another one of their properties. I'll remind him on Monday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
shaun89 said:
any news on when it will be returning??

yea...just out of curiosity
-chris

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
hopefully never :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
shaun89 said:
OH! Thanks alot for that. Now if some one say has 1,000 posts, and only 1 green dot, you will know how much of those 1,000 posts are worth something.
I don't think it works that way exactly, simply because many users, new and old don't use the user rep system, so if you have 1,000 posts, and only been rated 5 times, there's most likely a lot more than just 5 good posts.

K

Kokopelli

Macman said:
I don't think it works that way exactly, simply because many users, new and old don't use the user rep system, so if you have 1,000 posts, and only been rated 5 times, there's most likely a lot more than just 5 good posts.

Ah, the irony. I would have used the reputation system for this comment but it seems I need to spread the love a bit. :p

Reaction score
Macman said:

uh.... forgot about that... new users should be able to use the user rep system to tthe furthest extent. as well as everyone on these forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The colours are almost on display

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.