• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Real Reason Why Jeremy Left Top Gear ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
And when we read the article on that RHS ads column on these pages, its about him being interviewed by Jon Ross all about AI and investing > £250 to make money automatically.

I was always taught that if something sounded too good to be true, leave it alone. Would the admins here post this if it was a scam ? Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 16.03.16.png

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was always taught that if something sounded too good to be true, leave it alone. Would the admins here post this if it was a scam?
Can you clarify what you're referring to please?

Thanks,

Nick

OP
davowolf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
Nick, the screenshot you see in my post was on the right hand side of the screen where ads are usually sited. Hadn’t anyone else seen it or was it just me ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for clarifying.

Those are advertisements...not anything posted by the site Admins. We get them via an advertising service.

Nick

OP
davowolf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Nick though my question remains; is it a scam or are we all going to be millionaires ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was always taught that if something sounded too good to be true, leave it alone.
Assuming you weren't born yesterday...I think you know the answer.;)

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.