The Morning After: Herman Miller unveiled a $1,495 gaming chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
531612b2-ccd4-11ea-bcff-2f3797c05412
Herman Miller is known for iconic seating designs, like the Eames Chair or Aeron office furniture, so what can it do for gamers? Well, this. Herman Miller The $1,495 Embody Gaming Chair eschews the racing-inspired designs of most gamer chairs and, i...

Click here to view the article...

NickJackson1997

Reaction score
Why does this chair cost that much? Almost $1,500! But this chair doesn't even have the RBG backlight, which is much needed for gamers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Why does this chair cost that much? Almost $1,500! But this chair doesn't even have the RBG backlight, which is much needed for gamers.

Well NickJ, and welcome to Mac-forums, and even though I don't do games, your statement made me curious to see what was out there:

And then of course, I was curious to know why are what the advantage of any RGB background lighting would be:

I don't know if I found the answer but quite a fascinating topic and certainly a good number of chairs that meet your a description and certainly a lot less than $1,500.00usd.

And for my own curiosity, do they really make that much difference in your opinion???

I would think they could do somehow if one was using an old CRT display monitor that used the separate RGB guns, otherwise I'm not too sure.

- Patrick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
My son is a gamer and he has this really comfy cool chair. He has explained the chair needs to be supportive and comfy as he will sit for some time playing. I have no idea what he paid - not $1500! I will say all Herman Miller chairs are expensive.

My work chair I paid what I considered to be a lot - and I waited for it to go on sale. But I was looking for one that supported my lower back, arms, and was the right height and depth. I am not very tall and I have found a lot of plush looking desk chairs are made for tall and/or big men. When I sit in one - like my bosses chair, he is 6'4" - I just get lost!

Lisa

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
OMG, Christmas is coming😉

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OMG, Christmas is coming😉

Yup... and only one month away...

But I already have a good firm and well supporting computer chair with padded arms and multiple adjustments thanks, that was way more than I wanted to pay but the nice sales lady let me have it for a very good sale price quite some years ago.

I later bought a supposedly better good name brand computer chair several years ago as a present, but its padding is not substantial even though the first impression is impressive and soft, but it tends to provide a "numb bum" when sitting in it for long periods. But it looks very comfortable... but no built-in lights. ;-)

- Patrick
=======

NickJackson1997

Reaction score
I didn't expect this chair to cost that much. The long-talked-about gamer chair will go on sale for almost $1,500. Instead of a familiar and colorful design, it offers precise control over the many fine details for a perfect setup. But this chair doesn't even have the RBG backlight, which is much needed for gamers. I'm not sure it's worth spending that much money to buy this chair. I recently purchased a pink gaming chair for a small price and am completely happy with my purchase. I will be upgrading my computer desk next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.