• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The latest "Get a Mac "ads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Or the 90% of the market share that Apple lacks. ;D

@ EGGO -

Apple feels its too far behind Microsoft in terms of users, and they want to catch up, fast. I see no problem in it. But I do agree, it is giving windows users a great reason to make even more stabs at the Mac platform, and its giving the average Mac user even more reason to think they are better for whatever reason. But business will be business.

These statements boggle my mind. :Confused:

What stabs? If anyone thinks Mac user's are offended by the unfounded comments of windows users, you're living in a confused state of mind. Mac user's don't care what windows user's have to say. The majority of Mac user's are just glad they no longer have to deal with the garbage Microsoft develops. Most Mac user's I've met no longer feel sorry for the people too stupid to realize the superiority of OS X. And many of these same people don't care that windows user's still have to deal with viruses, trojans and worms. To put it bluntly, "Better them than us". Oh and as for Mac user's thinking their better than other personal computer user's, that's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. I'm not better than you peecee user, I just enjoy personal computing on a better platform.

To me it's sad how some people are confused by this simple logic. But I digress.

Reaction score
What stabs? If anyone thinks Mac user's are offended by the unfounded comments of windows users, you're living in a confused state of mind. Mac user's don't care what windows user's have to say. The majority of Mac user's are just glad they no longer have to deal with the garbage Microsoft develops. Most Mac user's I've met no longer feel sorry for the people too stupid to realize the superiority of OS X. And many of these same people don't care that windows user's still have to deal with viruses, trojans and worms. To put it bluntly, "Better them than us". Oh and as for Mac user's thinking their better than other personal computer user's, that's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. I'm not better than you peecee user, I just enjoy personal computing on a better platform.

So I say "it is giving windows users a great reason to make even more stabs at the Mac platform" referring to the commercials that clearly bring the "I'm way better" message and you come back with "If anyone thinks Mac user's are offended by the unfounded comments of windows users, you're living in a confused state of mind."

Where did I ever even hint that Mac users would be offended? Did you even get what I was referring to? The commercials?

I wrote a whole argument, but then decided it wasn't even worth posting. Most Mac users think they they are better for whatever reason. Not in an "Im better" nobel way. In a snobby way. Few I know in person prove me wrong. And all the commercials do is reenforce it. Its not that I agree or disagree, its just that Apple can put whatever commercials it wants.

Its not that I agree or disagree, its just that Apple can put whatever commercials it wants.

Should I write it again? Or maybe its still not clear what I was even referring to. I was agreeing with EGGO, but just stating a different view I had. I didnt even have what you were going off about in mind. So maybe understand what I mean, that way I dont seem in a "confused state of mind."

I was talking about commericals. You went off on how OS X is better. Something everyone on this forum will agree on. Way to go.

Oh and as for Mac user's thinking their better than other personal computer user's, that's the dumbest thing I've heard yet.

Here is a great example

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay so I misunderstood the stabs - But the only thing the commercials are implying is a better OPERATING SYSTEM. These character actor's are computers, NOT PEOPLE. "Hi, I'm a Mac - And I'm a PC".

As for the thoughts of many Mac user's regarding those still using Windows machines, I'll stick to my personal experiences - "Better them than us".

Snobby? - If you say so. I'll stick with "smarter".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Reaction score
I'll stick to my personal experiences - "Better them than us".

Snobby? - If you say so. I'll stick with "smarter".

Well yes, I can agree with you. But alot of people who are not on forums like this stand behind the "Macs are better" arguement. And they cant even list reasons why beyond "They cant get viruses" which is false anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well yes, I can agree with you. But alot of people who are not on forums like this stand behind the "Macs are better" arguement. And they cant even list reasons why beyond "They cant get viruses" which is false anyway.

Show me a virus for the Mac. There are none in the wild. Legitimate anyway.

Reaction score
Show me a virus for the Mac. There are none in the wild. Legitimate anyway.

Yes, but it doesnt mean that cant. Assuming that they will never have one, or cant is foolish. This has been discussed a thousand times. There is no need to go over it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You claimed it was "false" - Not me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Funny how the page loads in Firefox, but not in Safari...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
They cant get, is false

They dont have, as of now, is true

Excellent statement. I think that pretty much sums up the state of Malware for Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You stated - These so-called people who don't frequent Mac forums believe "They can't get viruses", is false. Well, your original reply was a vague interpretation on their so-called beliefs regarding viruses for the Mac.

So is it "foolish" to believe never? - Of course. Although I would lean more towards niave, rather than foolish on their part. After all, they've been led to believe this by Apple and Mac users, alike. Let's not forget, not until one switches from a Windows based PC to the Mac, will they have the knowledge of a current superior Operating System.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
As always, the ads are hysterical!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.